Alice Hemming, fellow Maverick author and writer of Bibble and the Bubbles, invited me to take part in a character blog tour. Here’s a little bit about Alfie, the lead character in my forthcoming picture book, Yuck said the Yak.
1. What’s your character’s name? Are they a fictional or historical person?
My character is a little boy called Alfie. He’s fictional but is named after my nephew.
2. When and where is the story set?
The story is set in the present day at Alfie’s house.
3. What should we know about him/her?
Alfie is imaginative, friendly and loves cooking.
4. What is their main conflict? What messes up their life?
One day a yak comes to stay. But he’s a very rude yak and doesn’t like anything that Alfie offers him.
5. What is their personal goal?
Alfie wants to find out what the yak likes to eat.
6. What is the book’s working title? Can we read more about it?
The book’s title is Yuck said the Yak.
7. When will it be published?
It will be published on the 28th of September 2014.